Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Phonics with a 3-year-old

Out of the blue, this evening Lukan started being interested in what sound different words start with.

The reader part of me was very happy... the mum part less so. Because the first word he chose? Was, sadly, entirely in keeping with his 3-year-old brain. (The 6-year-old brain hasn't progressed much further, either.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Farts and young boys..... well I guess there is enough material and wonder to keep them amused for at least 5 years!

Shane

Mandy said...

I was telling one the Pre-K teachers about this at school and she was relieved when I revealed what Lukan's "f" word was. She told me she had been teaching rhyming one morning using numbers. I assumed she was going to tell me that they said that two rhymes with.... poo! But no. It was beyond my imagination. These four year olds shouted in unison that FOUR rhymes with WH*** !!!

O.o!!!